Suzuki Music Columbus Summer Institute
Suzuki Music Columbus offers quality instruction, in a relaxed, family-friendly environment.
Suzuki Music Columbus has a long tradition of presenting well directed programs for students of all levels, and Suzuki Teacher Training. Otterbein University and Suzuki Music Columbus have partnered, so we enjoy a beautiful college campus environment.
- Jun 12 – 17, 2017 Suzuki Music Columbus Summer Institute
Cello, Viola, Violin -
For Teachers Instructor Audition
- Jun 10, 2017 Every Child Can! Stieg -
- Jun 10 – 14, 2017 Violin Unit 2 Shackford -
- Jun 10 – 14, 2017 Violin Unit 4 Stieg -
- Jun 11 – 18, 2017 Violin Unit 1 Stieg Apr 16
- Jun 14 – 18, 2017 Violin Unit 3 Shackford -
- Jun 14 – 18, 2017 Violin Unit 5 Stieg Apr 19
- See all events at Suzuki Music Columbus Summer Institute.
- Suzuki Strings Book 1-5 $375
- Advanced Strings Book 6 up $375
- Enrichment $75
Enrichment offerings include Chamber Music, Rock Styles, Jazz Improvisation, Fiddle, and Theater Improv.
- SAA Teacher Participation Fee $15/course
- ECC $100
- Unit 1 $650
- Unit 2 and up $500 each
Take two courses together for only $800—save $200!
Housing & Meals
Housing and Meal packages are available on-campus in air conditioned residence halls.
- Teen Dorm $325
- Double room & two meal passes $500
- Single room & one meal pass $325
Teacher Training Housing:
- One course: single room & meal pass $244
- Two courses: single room & meal pass $459
Columbus is a major metropolitan area with interesting shopping and many attractions such as the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, COSI Museum, Columbus Museum of Art, Franklin Park Conservatory. Just off campus is the Alum Creek Park with an outdoor amphitheater, a fun playground and picnic area.
John Glen International Airport has flights from most major cities on a variety of airlines. Often we are able to provide airport transfers to and from Otterbein Campus for teachers attending training courses provided arrangements are made in advance.
The SAA does not run the workshops and summer institutes; it approves separate businesses to run them. For specific information on schedules, enrollment, pricing, housing, etc. please contact sponsoring organizations directly with inquiries. To get your event listed here, please see the Event Listing Guide.