More information about Premier Business Members.
If you are interested in advertising in the American Suzuki Journal, please read the following terms, then download the application at the end of this page.
About the SAA
The Suzuki Association of the Americas’ (SAA) mission is to promote and support excellence in Suzuki education for teachers, parents, and students in the Americas. The SAA is a non-profit organization comprised of teachers, parents, performers, and supporters of Talent Education, a philosophy which encourages all children and supports sharing new ideas. Our membership is growing rapidly as the demand for Suzuki-oriented education increases. The SAA’s membership includes those interested in violin, viola, cello, bass, piano, flute, guitar, harp, recorder, voice, and early childhood education.
American Suzuki Journal
The American Suzuki Journal (ASJ) is the official publication of the SAA, the leadership organization for Talent Education in the Americas. This combined with a dedicated readership and attractive advertising rates make the American Suzuki Journal an excellent medium for advertising your business. The ASJ’s broad scope caters to the diverse interests of our wide-ranging membership and other musicians interested in Suzuki education. It offers information on over 60 summer institutes, an active teacher development program with scholarship opportunities, a media library, classified job ad section for teachers, feature articles on Suzuki events, and informative columns for teachers and parents. Published quarterly in 4-color on glossy stock, the minimum run is 8,500. Each issue reaches over 15,000 readers via library subscriptions, studio use, summer institute distribution, and regular subscriptions.
Advertising Discounts and Benefits
4-Issue contract advertisers receive many benefits:
The fourth insertion of a 4-consecutive issue contract is discounted 40% off the open price (same size ad only). Changes in digital files for 4-issue contract advertisers will be accepted if a written request and new ads are received by issue deadlines.
Your business will be listed in the Materials Sources in our SAA’s New Parent and New Teacher packets and on our website as a supplier of Suzuki and general music materials. This additional free promotion reaches over 5,000 people yearly.
If the 4-issue contract is paid in full by September 30th of the contract year, 5% may be discounted from the total bill.
Advertising Contract Terms
Reservations for advertising space must be by completed contract form, received by the insertion deadline (see below). This includes renewals or changes to 4-issue contracts. Insertion orders and correspondence without contracts will be considered invalid unless a signed contract is received by the insertion deadline. By signing the contract, the advertiser agrees to all terms and conditions. For signed 4-issue contracts, copy/art changes must be submitted by the artwork deadlines. If this is not received on time, the last issue’s artwork will be used.
All advertisements are subject to approval. The publisher reserves the right, without liability, to reject, omit, or exclude any advertisement for any reason at any time with or without notice to the advertiser or advertising agency, and whether or not such advertisement was previously acknowledged, accepted, or published.
The publisher has the right to refuse or cancel contracts at any time. All advertiser cancellations must be submitted in writing prior to insertion deadlines to be valid.
No conditions other than those stated in this rate card are binding upon the publisher, unless specifically agreed to in writing by both parties.
Publisher is not responsible for any claims made in advertisements, and assumes that all photos and endorsements have been covered by written consent.
Prepayment is required for new advertisers for the first ad. All other advertisers will be billed when each issue is published, unless choosing the 4-issue contract plus 5% prepayment discount. Payments are due on receipt of invoice. A 1.5% monthly interest charge is assessed after 30 days. If a bill is unpaid after 90 days, no advertising will be placed until the balance has been paid in full, and future ads must be prepaid.
All ads must be created with the exact dimensions listed below. The SAA reserves the right to alter any ads that do not conform to these specifications.
Discounts: The 4th insertion of a 4 consecutive issues contract is discounted 40% off the open price (same size add only).
4-Color Ad Rates: Available for 1/4 page through full page ad sizes.
|Ad Size||w” x h”||1-3 B/W||1-3 Color||4th B/W||4th Color|
|A—1 page||7.12 x 9.38||$890||$1340||$534||$805|
|AX—1 page, bleed||8.63 x 11.13||$890||$1340||$534||$805|
|B—2/3 page||4.71 x 9.38||$660||$1060||$396||$635|
|C—1/2 page||7.12 x 4.69||$610||$945||$366||$565|
|D—1/2 page||4.71 x 6.98||$610||$945||$366||$565|
|E—1/3 page||4.71 x 4.69||$465||$760||$279||$455|
|F—1/3 page||2.31 x 9.38||$465||$760||$279||$455|
|G—1/4 page||4.71 x 3.44||$375||$630||$225||$380|
|H—1/4 page||3.51 x 4.69||$375||$630||$225||$380|
|I—1/6 page||4.71 x 2.29||$315||$189|
|J—1/6 page||2.31 x 4.69||$315||$189|
|Inside color cover||call for availability||$1,510||$905|
|Outside color cover||call for availability||$1,580||$950|
|2 page||call for availability|
Issues and Closing Dates
|#1||September 1||September 30|
|#2||December 1||December 31|
|#3||March 1||March 31|
|#4||June 1||June 30|
Digital files only. Acceptable media:
- DropBox or Google Drive
Files may be compressed; self-extracting archives are recommended for files over 6MB. Preferred software includes:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe PDF
Please supply all fonts (printer AND screen)—use Adobe Type 1 fonts; TrueType fonts are not acceptable.
Supply all graphic and photo files (EPS and TIFF files are preferred. Resolution must be 300 dpi or higher). Supply only files to be used for high-resolution output.
133 line. Prices start at $10 for reformatting half tones to correct line screen.
Advertisers will be billed at the rate of $50/hour (minimum charge of 1 hour) for any costs that result from failure to provide all materials in good order to spec.
The American Suzuki Journal is printed on a web offset press using the saddle stitch binding method.
Ad Preparation Tips
To assure professional quality and successful results from your ad, please consider the following suggestions:
- Run your ad in several issues to increase response.
- Focus on the content of your ad, which ensures success.
- Use headlines and pictures to catch attention.
- Use professional quality typography and photos.
- Be sure the mechanical requirements match SAA specifications. If SAA reformatting is required, you will have additional charges for changes.
- Correct paperwork means no delays in publishing your ad.
- All advertisements are subject to approval. The publisher reserves the right, without liability, to reject, omit or exclude any advertisement for any reason at any time with or without notice to the advertiser or advertising agency, and whether or not such advertisement was previously acknowledged, accepted or published.
- The publisher has the right to refuse or cancel contracts at any time. All advertiser cancellations must be submitted in writing prior to insertion deadlines to be valid.
- No conditions other than those stated in this rate card are binding upon the publisher, unless specifically agreed to in writing by both parties.
- Publisher is not responsible for any claims made in advertisements, and assumes that all photos and endorsements have been covered by written consent.
- Advertisers and their agencies assume responsibility for the contents of their ads, and agree to indemnify the publisher from any and all claims and expenses therefrom.
- No ads for products using the name and trademark “Suzuki” in their title/product or publication without ISA licensing for such use.
- Prepayment is required for new advertisers for the first ad. All other advertisers will be billed, unless choosing the 4-issue contract plus 5% prepayment discount. Payments are due on receipt of invoice. A1.5% monthly interest charge is assessed after 30 days. If a bill is unpaid after 90 days, no advertising will be placed until the balance
To contract an advertisement in the American Suzuki Journal, please download the ASJ Advertising Contract and mail or fax it to the SAA.