Colorado Suzuki Institute
Beaver Creek, CO
The Colorado Suzuki Institute provides exceptional music instruction that is well rounded and fun from the finest Suzuki teachers. Our participants come from 50 US states and 12 countries. Bring the whole family to Beaver Creek to enjoy an affordable family vacation in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of central Colorado.
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Student Suzuki Session
Cello, Flute, Harp, Piano, Viola, Violin, Voice -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Student Suzuki Session
Bass, Cello, Guitar, Piano, Viola, Violin -
For Teachers Instructor Audition
- Jun 14 2014 Every Child Can! Reed -
- Jun 15 – 22 2014 Piano Unit 1 Reed Apr 20
- Jun 15 – 22 2014 Violin Unit 1 Arbus Apr 20
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Flute Unit 2 Bryce -
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Flute Unit 4 Williamson -
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Piano Unit 3 Krzywicki -
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Piano Unit 5 Bartman Apr 21
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Piano Unit 7 Adams -
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Violin Unit 3 Matherly -
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Violin Unit 5 Shackford Apr 21
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Violin Unit 7 Cadow -
- Jun 16 – 21 2014 Violin Unit 9-10 Bjork Apr 21
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Bass Unit 2 Dixon -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Guitar Unit 2 Madsen -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Guitar Unit 4 Pecoraro -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Guitar Unit 6 Gendron -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Piano Unit 2 Reed -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Piano Unit 4 Krzywicki -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Piano Unit 6 Bartman -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Piano Practicum Adams -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Violin Unit 2 Matherly -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Violin Unit 4 Shackford -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Violin Unit 6 Cadow -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Violin Unit 8 Bjork -
- Jun 23 – 28 2014 Violin Practicum Arbus -
- Book 1 up $620/session
- Music Readiness program $175/session
- Sibling/Parent Enrichment Classes $175/class
- Young Artist, 2 week advanced string chamber music $1,190
- Adult Amateur, 5 day advanced string chamber music $620
Fees are higher if registration is completed after February 10.
- Every Child Can $240
- Unit 1 $700
- Books 2-10 and Practicum $405
- All other courses $27/hour
Thanks to a foundation grant for teacher development for 2014, CSI teacher course tuition is up to 40% lower than in 2013!
Plus: Your SAA course teacher tuition will be rebated 20% for each Suzuki student who is new to the Colorado Suzuki Institute and pays in full for the Suzuki program. Details at www.coloradosuzuki.org under ‘Teacher Workshop Info/Fees
Financial Aid for Students
For Students, Amount: up to $450, Application due: February 15
The Colorado Suzuki Institute is proud to offer partial work/study scholarships to both students and teachers in support of tuition costs only. See www.coloradosuzuki.org under 'Student Program Info' then 'Support' for details and applications.
Financial Aid for Teachers
For Teachers, Amount: up to $450, Application due: February 15
The Colorado Suzuki Institute is proud to offer partial work/study scholarships to both students and teachers in support of tuition costs only. See www.coloradosuzuki.org under 'Teacher Workshop Info' then 'Support' for details and applications.
Housing & Meals
All lodgings have outdoor pools, hot tubs, and laundry facilities. Condominiums: fully equipped kitchens.
Rates beginning at:
- Hotel Room $99/night
Condos with full kitchens:
- 1 bedroom $114/night
- 2 bedrooms $139/night
- 3 bedrooms $161/night
- 4 bedrooms $242/night
- Teen dorm (includes meals, activities, and supervision) $742/session
Virtual tours of lodging: www.coloradosuzuki.org then to ‘Beaver Creek Info’ and ‘Lodging.’ After receiving your music registration, we’ll email a musical confirmation number for your use when reserving lodging at ‘Suzuki rates.’
A large supermarket is nearby for those desiring to prepare meals in their condominium kitchens and 30 family restaurants are within walking distance or a short and free shuttle ride away.
The whole family can enjoy an affordable rocky mountain vacation at the world class Beaver Creek resort where the Colorado Suzuki Institute is located. Each session begins with a free outdoor ice skating party. Evening activities include: family square dance, faculty concerts, and fiddle jam sessions, local rodeo, followed by relaxing in heated swimming pools and hot tubs. For the adventurous: bungee trampoline, white water rafting, hot air ballooning, horseback riding, hummer/jeeping tours, mountain biking, rafting and kayaking, ski lift rides, hiking, fly fishing, golf, and tennis. View www.coloradosuzuki.org; Beaver Creek Info; Family Activities or call 970.754.4636 for activities information.
Beaver Creek, elevation 8,100 feet, is 100 miles west of Denver, 15 miles west of Vail, and 30 miles east of Eagle/Vail airport, all on Interstate 70. Days in June frequently reach 75-80 degrees and nights can be cool. The village is friendly to walkers & strollers and has many elevators and escalators to improve accessibility. A free shuttle service is available between Institute lodging, concert, restaurant, and classroom facilities, and is lift-equipped; most lodging is handicapped accessible.
Chamber Music of the Rockies, advanced string chamber camp, Young Artist program: June 14-28. Adult Amateur program June 23-28.
Small World Playschool: quality childcare for ages 2 months to 5 years with camp-type activities including arts and crafts and outside play. Lunch and snacks provided. www.coloradosuzuki.org/arts_and_activities or 970.754.5325
Ground transportation via van shuttle from Denver and Eagle airports: www.coloradomountainexpress.com
Bring your no-longer-used musical instruments and supplies and we’ll provide a tax receipt (we’re a 501c3 organization). Donations are distributed worldwide to make music available for children everywhere. ¡Viva Suzuki!
The SAA does not run the workshops and summer institutes; it approves separate businesses to run them. For specific information on schedules, enrollment, pricing, housing, etc. please contact sponsoring organizations directly with inquiries. To get your event listed here, please see the Event Listing Guide.