Colorado Suzuki Institute
Beaver Creek, CO
The Colorado Suzuki Institute provides exceptional music instruction that is well rounded and motivating from the finest Suzuki teachers. Our participants come from 50 US states and 12 countries. Bring the whole family to Beaver Creek to enjoy an affordable family vacation in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of central Colorado.
Attend and experience these benefits:
Study with master Suzuki teachers from around the world
Choose enrichment classes that nurture well rounded musicians
Perform in a world –class concert hall
Connect to the international Suzuki community
Teacher Development courses offered for violin, bass, piano, flute, guitar
Enjoy discounted family vacation 90 miles west of Denver
Return home motivated to practice!
The Colorado Suzuki institute runs concurrently with the Chamber Music of the Rockies Workshop for advanced string students and adult amateurs.
Colorado Suzuki Institute enrichment classes are included with the core Suzuki curriculum. These classes are also open to siblings and include bass, experienced bass, chamber music ensembles, composition, experienced composition, fiddling, Irish cello, Irish Ensemble, pennywhistle, piano accompanying, piano styles, recording/podcasting, singing, tuning, and viola for violinists.
Parent and Teacher discussions hourly at no additional cost—topics include: “Beat the Practice Blues”, “Enjoying the Teenage Years”, “I want to Quit”, “Competition” , ‘Business of Music for Teachers”, and others.
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Students
Cello, Flute, Harp, Piano, Viola, Violin -
- Jun 15 – 27 2015 Chamber Music of the Rockies
Cello, Viola, Violin -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Students
Bass, Cello, Guitar, Piano, Viola, Violin -
For Teachers Instructor Audition
- Jun 13 2015 Every Child Can! Krigbaum -
- Jun 14 – 21 2015 Flute Unit 1 Williamson Apr 19
- Jun 14 – 21 2015 Piano Unit 1 Reed Apr 19
- Jun 14 – 21 2015 Violin Unit 1 Krigbaum Apr 19
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Flute Unit 3 Bryce -
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Piano Unit 5 Modell Apr 20
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Piano Unit 7 Adams -
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Violin Unit 3 Matherly -
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Violin Unit 5 McCoy-Sulentic Apr 20
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Violin Unit 7 Cadow -
- Jun 15 – 20 2015 Violin Unit 9-10 Bjork Apr 20
- Jun 20 2015 Every Child Can! Madsen -
- Jun 21 – 28 2015 Guitar Unit 1 Madsen Apr 26
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Guitar Unit 3 Riordan -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Guitar Unit 7 Gendron -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Piano Unit 2 Reed -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Piano Unit 4 Krzywicki -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Piano Unit 6 Modell -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Piano Practicum Adams -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Violin Unit 2 Krigbaum -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Violin Unit 4 Matherly -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Violin Unit 6 Cadow -
- Jun 22 – 27 2015 Violin Unit 8 Bjork -
- Book 1 up $640/session
- PreTwinkle/Toddlers ‘Music Readiness’ program $180/session
- Sibling/Parent Enrichment classe $180/session
- Chamber Music of the Rockies ‘C-Roc’, 2 week advanced string chamber music program $1,225
Fees higher for registrations completed after February 10.
‘Each One, Bring One’ tuition refund offer: If you are a returning CSI student, for each of your Suzuki student friends who has never registered for CSI before and attends the 2015 Colorado Suzuki Institute, your Suzuki tuition for one session will be refunded 10%.
- Every Child Can $228
- Unit 1 $1,064
- Units 2-10 and Practicum $570
- All other courses $38/hour
Special offer to teachers in 2015—Receive teacher training at no cost or at a reduced cost! Your SAA course teacher tuition will be rebated 20% for each Suzuki student who is new to the Colorado Suzuki Institute and pays in full for the Suzuki program. Details: www.coloradosuzuki.org
Financial Aid for Students
For Students, Amount: up to $500, Application due: February 15
The Colorado Suzuki Institute is proud to offer partial work/study scholarships to both students and teachers in support of tuition costs only. See www.coloradosuzuki.org under 'Student Program Info' then 'Support' for details and applications.
Financial Aid for Teachers
For Teachers, Amount: up to $500, Application due: February 15
The Colorado Suzuki Institute is proud to offer partial work/study scholarships to both students and teachers in support of tuition costs only. See www.coloradosuzuki.org under 'Teacher Workshop Info' then 'Support' for details and applications.
Housing & Meals
All lodgings have outdoor pools, hot tubs, and laundry facilities. Hotel rooms have coffee makers & beverage frig. Condominiums have fully equipped kitchens plus living rooms with a sleeper sofa.
Rates beginning at:
- Hotel Room $109/night/room
Condos with full kitchens:
- 1 bedroom/1bath $109/night per condo
- 2 bedrooms/2baths $129/night per condo
- 3 bedrooms/3 baths $149/night per condo
- Teen dorm (includes all meals, activities, and adult counselor supervision) $765/session
Meals: A large supermarket is nearby for those desiring to prepare meals in their condominium kitchens and 30 family restaurants are within walking distance or a short and free shuttle ride away.
The whole family can enjoy an affordable rocky mountain vacation at the world class Beaver Creek resort where the Colorado Suzuki Institute is located. Each session begins with a free outdoor ice skating party. Evening activities include: family square dance, faculty concerts, and fiddle jams, local rodeo, followed by relaxing in heated swimming pools and hot tubs. For the adventurous: bungee trampoline, white water rafting, hot air ballooning, horseback riding, hummer/jeeping tours, mountain biking, rafting and kayaking, ski lift rides, hiking, fly fishing, golf, and tennis. View www.coloradosuzuki.org; ‘Beaver Creek’ for activities details.
The Colorado Suzuki institute runs concurrently with the Chamber Music of the Rockies, a program for advanced string students and for adult amateurs. June 15-27 www.ChamberMusicRockies.orgJ
Beaver Creek, CO location is 100 miles west of Denver, 15 miles west of Vail, and 30 miles east of Eagle/Vail airport, all on Interstate 70; elevation 8,100 feet.
Accessible: Beaver Creek is friendly to walkers & strollers and has many elevators and escalators to improve accessibility. Complimentary shuttle bus service is available between Institute lodging, concert, restaurant, and classroom facilities, and is lift-equipped; most lodging is handicapped accessible.
Weather: Days in June frequently reach 75-80 degrees and nights can be cool.
Childcare: Small World Playschool: quality childcare for ages 2 months to 5 years with camp-type activities including arts and crafts and outside play. Lunch and snacks provided. www.coloradosuzuki.org or 970.754.5325
Ground shuttle transportation via van shuttle from Denver and Eagle airports: www.ColoradoMountainExpress.com or 800.845.6363
¡Viva Suzuki! Bring your no-longer-used musical instruments and supplies and we’ll provide a tax receipt (we’re a 501c3 organization). Donations are distributed worldwide to make music available for children everywhere.
The SAA does not run the workshops and summer institutes; it approves separate businesses to run them. For specific information on schedules, enrollment, pricing, housing, etc. please contact sponsoring organizations directly with inquiries. To get your event listed here, please see the Event Listing Guide.