Langley Community Music School Suzuki Workshop
“Bringing Music to Life”
Langley Community Music School is a centre for excellence in music education, located in the beautiful Fraser Valley. Our Suzuki workshops are a highlight of the summer for Suzuki families. Join us and experience music-making in a nurturing and fun environment!
For Teachers Instructor Audition
- Jul 16 – 20, 2017 Piano Unit 3 Thompson -
- See all events at Langley Community Music School Suzuki Workshop.
July 16-20, 2017
Instruments: Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Harp
- Fees: Strings Book 1-3 $300(early bird), $350 after June 1
- Strings Book 4-up $350(early bird), $400 after June 1
- Piano/Harp Book 1-3 $260(early bird), $310 after June 1
- Piano/Harp Book 4-up $310(early bird), $360 after June 1
Non-refundable deposit $50 required at time of registration
- Second Enrichment $50 (schedule permitting)
- Twinklers Mini Camp $200 (violin 4 yrs and under only)
Enrichment classes: Marimba for Pianists, Fiddling, Chamber Music, Japanese Arts, other TBA
Subject to change
Piano: Book 3
Instructor: Merlin Thompson
Date: July 16-20, 2017
- Costs $425 (early bird), $475 after June 1 ($100 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration)
Housing & Meals
Lunch can be purchased through LCMS for a minimal fee. There are various accommodation possibilities in the area: Hotels/Motels/Bed and Breakfasts/Campgrounds
There are numerous recreational opportunities in the Langley area such as hiking, biking, horse back riding, swimming as well as many beautiful parks. Adjacent to LCMS is an outdoor pool that is open to the public.
We are very excited to offer students and parents many opportunities as part of the 2017 Suzuki Summer Institute. There will be noon concerts presented by special guest artists including faculty as well as an inspirational parent talk. Student workshops kick-off with a family picnic, play-in and orientation on Sunday, July 16, at 6 pm.
LCMS is fully equipped with handicapped accessibility. We welcome students from all over Canada, the US and abroad to join our musical family this summer!
NOTE: Additional faculty—TBA. For more information, details and fees, visit www.langleymusic.com
The SAA does not run the workshops and summer institutes; it approves separate businesses to run them. For specific information on schedules, enrollment, pricing, housing, etc. please contact sponsoring organizations directly with inquiries. To get your event listed here, please see the Event Listing Guide.