We Are Suzuki: Embracing the Vision
SAA Conference 2016 | May 26-30, 2016 | Minneapolis, MN
The 17th Biennial SAA Conference will be held at the Hilton Minneapolis and Minneapolis Convention Center, May 26-30, 2016. Come join fellow teachers, parents, and students as we celebrate the theme “We Are Suzuki: Embracing the Vision.” Be sure to check this site frequently as detailed information about this enriching and inspirational weekend will be added regularly.
Highlights of the SAA Conference:
- Every Child Can! Introduction to the Suzuki Philosophy
- Introduction to Dalcroze with Dr. Jeremy Dittus
- Minnesota Orchestra Concert: Brahms Violin Concerto performed by Erin Keefe
- Piano Concerto student performance with faculty orchestra
- International Ensembles Concert
- Clinicians Concert
- Suzuki Youth Orchestras of the Americas, Suzuki Young Artist String Ensemble, Flute Performing Ensemble, Advanced Violin Performing Ensemble, others
- Welcome Reception featuring performance by Parker Elementary School
- Ani Patel: Hidden connections between music and language processing in the brain
- Winifred Crock: The Evolution and Revolution of Talent Education: the Past, the Present and the Future
- Nicolas and Yumi Kendall: Suzuki: past-present-future. Anecdotes, personal connections and vision for the future
- We Are Suzuki! Celebration
- 13th International Research Symposium on Talent Education
- Creating Learning Community Awards
- Masterclasses with guest clinicians for violin, viola, cello, bass, piano, harp, guitar, flute, recorder, chamber music
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education sessions
- Suzuki in the Schools sessions
- Dalcroze sessions included throughout the schedule
- Pedagogy, instrument-specific, and general sessions
- Networking and social opportunities with new and long-time colleagues and friends
- Annual General Meeting
- Auction, Raffle
- And much more!
Vision of 1,000!
Our goal is 1,000 registered teachers. We need you! You won’t regret the investment. Be a part of the effort to reach this goal–no less than a 20% increase in teacher attendance. Gathering together in Minneapolis with 1,000 teachers plus hundreds of students, parents, exhibitors and friends next May will enable us to envision SAA’s bright future, full of endless possibilities. Together we will all create or renew our vision for what we can accomplish together—“We Are Suzuki!” Even before the closing events, we hope to hear “best evers” in almost every context!
Please help! Send an invitation to a new teacher. Invite a colleague who might need a little encouragement to attend. Bring along a music-loving friend from another profession so your friend can experience firsthand why Suzuki means so much to you.
Plan now! You’ll be enriched by pedagogy sessions, master classes, live music and more! Help us reach our goal of 1,000 participants, as we celebrate the theme “We Are Suzuki: Embracing the Vision.” See you in Minneapolis in May!