Ms. Tina Oyer Ponce
Violin, Viola, Suzuki in the Schools Teacher
Tina Oyer Ponce
Dedicated string instrument instructor with more than 20 years of successful advising, mentoring, and tutoring students to excel in various prestigious musical settings and within all ability levels. Fosters positive relationships with students and parents alike.
Tina’s Violin Studio － New Hartford, NY
Teaches several students from various school districts, preparing musicians for NYSSMA solo competitions and to secure prominent roles in Oneida County All-County and Area-All State Orchestras. Students have performed for NYSSMA Level V in eighth grade.
Previous Suzuki Teaching Experience:
Institut Musicale Suzuki a Paris － Paris, France
Institut Suzuki d’Education du Talent a Aix-en-Provence － Aix-en-Provence, France
Ecole de musique Suzuki de Marseille—Marseille, France
School for Strings, Summer Institute New York, New York
Summer Institute Guéret, France
Suzuki Violin Studio Fredonia, New York
- Master of Science : Liberal Studies
Utica College － Utica, NY
Suzuki Violin Instructor : Suzuki Violin Method
- Talent Education Research Institute － Matsumoto, Japan
- Graduate Research Degree: Music Education
Aichi University of Education － Nagoya, Japan
Bachelor of Music : Music Education
- State University of New York College at Fredonia － Fredonia, NY
- Earned Japanese Government Scholarship
- Fluent in French and Japanese
- Handpicked by Japanese Suzuki Violin Method Master teacher Ms. Toshiko Hasegawa to teach Suzuki violin to Japanese speaking children in Paris, France.
- Selected to serve as co-conductor and had various students picked to play with Utica Symphony.
- Active musician, frequently performing in chamber music violin duo.