Mrs. Barbara Byczko
Barbara K. Byczko holds the following diplomas/certificates:
- ARCT diploma in Piano Performance
- Kodaly Pedgogy Certificate
- Orff Level 1 Training from The Royal Conservatory of Music
- MusikGarten Teacher Training (all Levels)
- Bachelor of Music Education from the University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Education from OISE/UT
- Licentiate Diploma in Piano Performance from Trinity College, London, England
- Master of Arts in Holistic and Aesthetic Education from The Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto.
“A good TEACHER is like a candle—it consumes itself to LIGHT the way for others”—Author Unknown
Ms. Byczko has studied with many well-known teachers including Boyanna Toyich, Marina Geringas, Lynda Metelsky and Art Levine. Her Suzuki Piano Teacher Trainers include Doris Koppelman, Christine Allen, Diana Gallindo, Valery Lloyd-Watts, Carole Bigler and Yasuko Joichi.
Ms. Byczko is a faculty member of The Royal Conservatory of Music where she is a Suzuki piano specialist teaching both private and group lessons. She maintains a private home studio and also teaches Vocal Music at the TCDSB where she directs a successful Suzuki Recorder Program for Grades 3-6 .