The SAA would like your students’ nonfiction and poetry submissions for upcoming publications! Winning selections may appear in the SAA Minijournal, on the SAA website, or in other SAA publications. Entries are due April 15, 2011.
Submissions may address, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- What do you tell people when they ask about what’s in your instrument case?
- What is your favorite Suzuki experience so far?
- If your instrument could speak, what would it say?
- Which musician, composer, or musical figure do you admire the most, and why?
- What is your biggest challenge as a Suzuki student, and how are you working to solve it?
Some tips for students:
- Be clear.
- Be imaginative.
- Tell a story that only you can tell, in a way that only you can tell it.
- Proof-read! Use a dictionary to check the spelling of words you’re unsure of.
- Ask a friend, sibling, or parent to read your story and provide feedback.
Criteria and guidelines:
- Students who wish to enter their writing must study with an SAA Teacher member.
- Students must be between 6 and 18 years of age.
- Material submitted must be the original work of the student. You may submit original artwork to accompany your story. Please do not send computer-generated artwork.
- Please submit prose pieces of 250-750 words.
- Submissions are due April 15, 2011.
Please mail your submission to:
Suzuki Association of the Americas
PO Box 17310
Boulder CO 80308
Or email to: