Cello Revisiting Unit 1
Nov 13, 2016 – Jan 15, 2017 in Toronto, ON
at Royal Conservatory of Music
Cello Revisiting Unit 1
Instructor: Susan Gagnon
Open to experienced cello teachers
Duration: 5 sessions—15 hours + observations
Topics for Revisiting Unit 1 Suzuki cello:
- How to set up a beginner and how this differs depending on age
- Applying Suzuki philosophy
- Teaching points of pieces
- Working with the parent
- Group class techniques
- Any topic relating to Unit 1 specifically identified in the pre-course questionnaire * (see below)
- Completion and registration of Unit 1 Suzuki cello
- At least one year of teaching following the completion of Unit 1
- Completion of the *online pre-course questionnaire, which will assist the trainer in planning the course.
- It is expected that participants will be comfortable with all Book 1 repertoire, Memorization is recommended.
- 100% in class attendance is required
- Three hours of observation guided by the trainer, both live and by video
- Pre-course questionnaire
Prerequisite course: Cello Unit 1
0 enrolled out of 15 maximum.
See contact information below to sign up.
Susan Gagnon is an SAA Cello Teacher Trainer. Susan Gagnon holds a Bachelor of Music from the University of Western Ontario. Susan was the recipient of a Canada Council grant to attend masterclasses at the Banff School of Fine Arts with Janos Starker, Aldo Parisot, and Tsuyoshi Tsutsumi. She has played with the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra since 1983. Ms. Gagnon has been on the faculty of the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto since 1984 where she is Suzuki Department coordinator and a core member of the Young Artists Performance Academy faculty. She is an examiner for the Royal Conservatory of Music and compiled their 2013 cello series. She also is a member of the Canadian Federation of Adjudicators. Susan is past Chair of the Suzuki Association of Ontario. She has taught at Suzuki Institutes in both Canada and the United States and at Music at Port Milford since 1995.
Sunday, November 13, , 2016 to Sunday, January 15, , 2017
273 Bloor St W
Toronto ON M5S 1W2
More Info & Contact
Royal Conservatory of Music
The SAA does not run the workshops and summer institutes; it approves separate businesses to run them. For specific information on schedules, enrollment, pricing, housing, etc. please contact sponsoring organizations directly with inquiries. To get your event listed here, please see the Event Listing Guide.