SAA’s 16th Conference aims to be a high point of inspiration for all participants!
Led by a team of more than forty enthusiastic teacher members, this mega-event will be brought to life by the participation of all who come together to learn and share ideas and inspiration.
The conference will indeed be “Powered by Community,” and you are a part of the Suzuki Community!
Save the dates—SAA biennial conferences are not to be missed!
May 22-26, 2014
Hilton Minneapolis and Convention Center
You can expect many of favorite events and session, including, but not limited to these:
- Special Benefit Concert by guest performers
- Keynote by noted guest speaker
- Research Symposium on Talent Education
- Pre-conference events, including Every Child Can!
- Master classes for Suzuki students selected by audition
- Inspiring performances by guest artist clinicians
- Sessions in pedagogy and technique, instrument-specific and general
- Opportunities to re-examine and renew our commitment to the Suzuki philosophy
- Student choirs and ensembles
- Suzuki Youth Orchestra of the Americas
- International ensembles Concert, including a performance from the 2014 Latin American Ensemble!
- Piano Concert student performance with teacher orchestra
- Tradeshow exhibits
- Heritage sessions
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education sessions
- Social time to reconnect with new and long-time friends
- Creating Learning Community Awards presentation
- Sponsor presentations
- And much, much more!
Featured Guest Clinicians
William Preucil, Jr., Violin
Yukari Tate, Violin (TERI, Japan)
Mark Jackobs, Viola
Richard Aaron, Cello
Nicholas Walker, Bass
William Kanengiser, Guitar
Alexa Still, Flute
Brian Ganz, Piano
Paul Leenhouts, Recorder
Jeremy Dittus, Dalcroze
Robert Cutietta, USC, Research Symposium Keynote
David Holland, conductor, SYASE
Kirsten Marshall and Emmett Drake, SYOA Conductors
Susan Reed, Music and Stories
Plus Special Events for 2014
SAA Benefit Concert featuring the entire Preucil family
Latin American Ensemble & Suzuki Americas 2014
Student Participation Opportunities
- Master Classes in all instruments
- Instrumental Choirs
- Suzuki Youth Orchestras of the Americas
- International Ensembles Concert
- Piano Concerto
Plus two exciting new events:
Suzuki Young Artists’ String Ensemble! for young string players, ages 12-15.
Suzuki Americas 2014! Featuring the Latin American Suzuki Ensemble and additional special events for all Suzuki students from all parts of the SAA region—North, Central, and South America!
Details to Come!
Check the SAA newsletter and this website for the unveiling of further details in the coming weeks. You won’t be disappointed!