North Carolina Suzuki Institute
For 30 years The North Carolina Suzuki Institute (NCSI) has provided an opportunity to study the philosophy and teaching of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki. The institute is held on the campus of East Carolina University, utilizing the facilities of the A.J. Fletcher Music Center. The University is located in Greenville, NC and is close to popular family vacation destinations including the Crystal Coast and the Outer Banks.
- Jul 7 – 12 2013 North Carolina Suzuki Institute
Cello, Viola, Violin -
For Teachers Instructor Audition
- Registration fee for all participants before May 15 $50
- Student Institute (all levels) $325 + reg
- Enrichments (fiddling, chamber music, advanced repertoire) $50/class
- Pre-Twinkle Day Camp (9-12pm July 7 only) $25 + reg
- Registration fee (before May 15) $50
- Unit 1 $450 + reg
- Unit 3 $400 + reg
- Every Child Can! (flat fee) $50 + reg
Housing & Meals
Teacher Development Participants
- Double room (includes meal plan) $350
- Private room (includes meal plan) $400
- Double room (includes meal plan) $300
- Private room (includes meal plan) $350
Suzuki Student Institute
- Double occupancy (includes meals) $300
- Private room (includes meals) $350
- Unaccompanied minor fee $100
- Adult Meal Plan only $150
- Child Meal Plan only $115
The University is located in Greenville, NC and is close to family vacation centers such as Atlantic Beach, Cape Hatteras, and other points of historical interest. An institute activity is scheduled each evening.
For detailed information and online registration, please visit the North Carolina Suzuki Institute website. All fees subject to change.
The SAA does not run the workshops and summer institutes; it approves separate businesses to run them. For specific information on schedules, enrollment, pricing, housing, etc. please contact sponsoring organizations directly with inquiries. To get your event listed here, please see the Event Listing Guide.